November 18, 2009

3 Lists

Here are my top 2 favorite points from each of these 3 lists:
1. Seven Stupid Mistakes Made by Teachers
1. "Not backing up data. "You mean having two copies of my files on the hard drive doesn't count as a backup?" The first time a teacher loses his or her precious data, my heart breaks. The second time, well, stupidity ought to cause some suffering." Well this was #1. Off of the bat I was like YES!!! I do this ALL of the time! I write an amazingggg paper, forget to save it when I am typing, then something happens and i lose it! It is SO frustrating!
2. "Thinking online communication is ever private." People I have known have fallen victim to this. They post personal information on facebook and get stalked or they post a picture of that crazy Saturday night and their Grandma sees it. Anyone can see the pictures you post and the things you do online. I have heard of people getting fired from a job because of it.
2. New Classroom Rules by Education Innovation
1. "Bring required materials, including your laptop and cell phone every day." UM.....YES!!! I wish my teachers would have let me bring a phone to school growing up! I have sat in detention many times when I was in Middle School because of my cell phone! Great new rule!
2. "Be polite, courteous, and respectful at all times in both physical and virtual space" Everyone needs to use good manors, and online is no exception!
3. Seven Brilliant Things Teachers do With Technology:
1."Put kids in touch with the world." I am tired of seeing these kids with such narrow and selfish views of the world. Our way of living is not the only one. We are the minority of the world.
2. "Use the kids’ own devices to teach them." Teach the students what they want to learn and what they will benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment