August 31, 2009

Podcast Response

I was kind of familiar with Podcasts and Video Podcasts even before listening to these podcasts. I subscribe to some surfing video podcasts, The Soups podcast, and few others that spark my interest. I don't know how some people don't use these or haven't even heard of them before! They are so cool! I like downloading them to my Ipod and listening to them when I am driving to my parents house across the bay. I didn't know how to search for specific podcasts. When I first started looking up the podcasts I was a little bit rusty, but then I caught on.
I listened to all of the recommended podcasts and gathered many ideas of what I liked and what I wanted to put on my own podcast. I liked the SMARTboard podcast the best. It was entertaining, had upbeat background music, and had clear microphones. I also liked the tone of voice that the main guy had. His voice was very smooth and overall I liked that podcast the best. It was also very easy to find. I had trouble finding some of the others, maybe they weren't as established as SMARTboard. In other podcasts, I liked how there were interviews and there were guys and girls on the podcast. I liked when they changed things up because I could see how listening to one person talk for an hour could get boring.
I got a lot of ideas I want to incorporated into my podcast and also some that I want to avoid. First off, I want to buy a really clear microphone! I listened to one podcast where their microphone made them sound like they were in a tunnel, I think it was the Ed Connect one. Anyway, I thought that it didn't sound professional and maybe like they made the podcast in a garage or something. I also didn't like silence in the background. I am going to try to put some music into mine. I didn't like how some of the podcasts were really long and rambled a bit. This made me want to turn it off or focus my attention somewhere else.
Overall, I really enjoyed the podcasts that Mr. Sullivan selected for us to listen to. I found out what I liked and what I didn't like and what I would do differently. I want to invest in a clear sounding microphone, do an interview, and definitely have more that one person on it. I am going to try to make it easy to find on itunes, and with a cool picture by the title.I am so glad that I learned a lot from listening to each of these podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment