August 18, 2009

Response to "Did You Know? 3.0"

Wow. I loved this video. It really made me think about the future of the human population. I think it's absolutely insane that people are building computers that are smarter than their creators. Have they not watched 'Eagle Eye'? Technology has become so mainstream that people don't even question the long term effects of it on their mind and overall well being. Yeah it make life easier, but at what cost? Do we not realize what we are losing? Now that I think about it, everyone I know owns a cell phone, lap top, and an Ipod and it has just been in recent years that all of this technology has come about. If people have gone thousands of years without a supercomputer with a brain smarter than a human, why do we need one now? I would be happy with the bare minimum of technology, getting away from man's creation, and just enjoying the simplicity of life.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    I totally agree with your thoughts on this piece! It is strange to see how fast technology is changing right in front of s as we learn!

    ReplyDelete