October 29, 2009

ALEX

ALEX, or the Alabama Learning Exchange, is a easy to use tool for teachers, students, and parents. The website is http://alex.state.al.us. It is a project of the Alabama Department of Education, and is designed to compile educational materials and information into a time-saving one-stop resource for teachers and administrators in Alabama. Their goal is for Alabama's students to reap the benefits of Alabama educators sharing their wealth of expertise and knowledge with colleagues. ALEX is a way for teachers to share and write lesson plans,share and find resources, connect to course study standards, and show students the benefit of learning. ALEX has a library of lesson plans for all subjects and grade levels. Alabama teachers can log in to their account to access a personal space to create and adapt lesson plans. However, teachers everywhere can access the lesson plan library. Although lessons are targeted to Alabama state standards, they can be easily adapted to any school's curriculum. There are over 2,000 lesson plans supplied by Alabama teachers available on ALEX. These resources are designed to engage students and teachers in 21st century learning, and expand new opportunities.


I never knew that this site existed! This excites me so much because one day I will be a teacher and I will use this!!! I love that it has state-approved lesson plans on it and that it shows how long they will take. I like that it has a search engine in it, so that I can find what I'm looking for quickly! ALEX has won various awards so I know that it is a valuable teaching tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment