October 6, 2009

The New Media Literacies by the NML Staff

I think that all of the skills that were mentioned in this short video clip are essential to be effective in the future. I think to be an effective artist in the future you will for sure need to know about graphics on the computer and how to use photo editing and manipulating programs. To be a citizen of the future, you will need to know about collective intelligence and trans media navigation because it will be a part of your daily life. Your performance at work will be effected by your skills involving technology. I definitely know how to multitask, as do all of my friends. It's rare these days to meet someone under 30 that doesn't multitask many times a day. The pace of life is very different these days. People are no longer just consumers, they are producers. I am pretty good at judging something on the Internet and deciding if it is appropriate or not. I think that I need to work on appropriation or realizing the norms of the workspace I am in. I could work on that by getting more involved with people of higher education online and learning how to interact with them. I want these skills to connect me to something larger than my individual level.

No comments:

Post a Comment