October 5, 2009

Using iPods in the Classroom

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2005/12/ipodupdate.html

I found many sites on the internet talking about how useful iPods can be in the classroom. One site in particular talked about how the teacher of a special ed class recorded the test questions onto ipods for her students to listen to them while taking tests.
I looked up what Duke University was using iPods for. They give all incoming freshman a brand new iPod!!! I'm so jealous! They are using them in classrooms and enhancing the lectures. They are not banned in classrooms, they are welcomed. Ipod's are so well known in society, i think it is smart of the education arena to start using this technology. Teachers can record their lectures so that students can listen to them over and over again and even to study by! I wish my university did this!

No comments:

Post a Comment